1. Why this cookie statement?
Cronos Leuven is committed to your privacy and processing of your personal data. We therefore make every effort to explain plainly and clearly with this cookie statement which cookies we use on our website and how we collect personal data. We also explain what we use them for and what your rights are in this respect.
When you visit our website, we may process personal data using online techniques such as cookies, trackers, scripts, and similar technologies (hereinafter referred to as "cookie(s)"). In principle, however, these technologies always serve the same purpose: the retrieval and tracking of information on your device, so throughout this cookie statement we will continue to use the well-known term: 'cookie(s)'. They can be (1) essential cookies that are strictly necessary to send a message via an electronic communications network, to ensure the security of our website or to store information about the provision of a service that you expressly requested; (2) functional cookies that further shape your use of our website; (3) analytical cookies to measure and analyse your use of our website; (4) marketing cookies to deliver (personalised) advertisements; and (5) other third-party cookies that we allow on our website.
The version of this cookie statement (version: 1.00) dates from 17.01.202
This cookie declaration applies to https://www.cronosleuven.be.
3. Who implies 'we'?
“We”, or “our” Cronos Leuven with registered office in Gaston Geenslaan 11, with business registration number BE 0727.720.031.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this cookie statement or the processing of your personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What exactly are Cookies?
When you visit our website, we may process personal data using online technologies such as trackers, cookies, scripts, and similar technologies (hereinafter referred to as 'cookies'). cookies are small information files that a website asks your browser to store on your device when you visit a website or certain pages of that specific website. The cookie enables the website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time and apply them on subsequent visits. Examples include your preferred language or details of the pages you have visited.
Cookies contain at least a unique identification of a visitor and some information about this user. Furthermore, it usually includes the name of the website the cookie came from and how long the cookie remains on your device (the expiry date).
5. Which Cookies do we use?
We distinguish between our own cookies ('first party cookies') and cookies processed by third parties ('third-party cookies'). Our website places cookies on its own initiative but has also third parties that can place cookies (through integrations). More specifically:
- Proprietary cookies ("first party cookies"): these are cookies placed on our initiative. Only we have access to the information contained in the cookie.
- Third-party cookies: cookies that are set by a third party, other than our own. With these cookies the third-party has access to the data collected in the cookie.
A further distinction can be made based on the specific purpose of the cookie (see below). For each of these categories, we will always request your prior consent, unless these cookies are essential (to provide you with a service you have explicitly requested or for the proper technical functioning of a website).5.1
5.1 Proprietary Cookies
5.1.1 Essential Cookies
Essential cookies are necessary to improve and ensure the proper functioning of a website such as the security and accessibility. Pursuant to applicable legislation and due to technical necessity, only an information obligation applies, and we are not obliged to request your consent for the use of such cookies. These cookies are set as soon as you visit the website.
- Expiration day: end of session
- Content and purpose: this cookie contains an encrypted key which is used to automatically connect the session data to a user. This cookie is necessary for your website.
5.1.2 Analytical Cookies
These cookies track your use of our website and allow us to further improve your experience. These Cookies show us which pages are most and least popular and how visitors move around the website. You may refuse these cookies and so the cookies below will only be placed if you accept the analytical cookies (by giving your consent).
- Expiration day: 2 years
- Content and purpose: registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- Expiration day: 2 years
- Content and purpose: used by Google Analytics to collect the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for first and last visit.
- Expiration day: end of session
- Content and purpose: keeps track of special fonts used on the website for internal analysis. The cookie does not register any visitor data.
6. How to delete or block Cookies?
You can manage and delete all cookies already stored on your device via your internet browser settings. We would like to inform you that disabling cookies may affect your user experience and cause you to have to re-enter your preferences each time you visit our website. For more details on controlling and/or deleting cookies, please visit the page corresponding to your browser for more information:
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies
7. Amendments to the Cookie Statement
Our organisation and therefore our website are a dynamic and innovative environment. This cookie statement may be amended if our services or applicable legislation so require. This means that we are constantly looking for better services that are tailored to your needs. It is possible that there will be new applications that require a different process in collecting or processing your data. As a matter of course, we will inform you when there are important changes to this cookie statement, and we will request your permission if necessary.